Loveland Soccer Academy
improving fundamental soccer skills through intensive training in a positive atmosphere
Academy Coordinator – Keith Koehne, former high school varsity coach, multiple seasons of coaching youth soccer
Academy Director – Anthony Doherty, professional trainer from Challenger soccer program and 2015 Mid-west Challenger Coach of the Year, multiple years of club playing experience in the UK
What Is It?
One night a week intensive training to develop foundational soccer skills
- Combination of drills and small sided games (3v3 etc)
- Includes pre and post season player evaluations
- All players will get special training shirt
- End of season tournament opportunity
Who Is It For?
- Players age 6 to 11 (Passers though Strikers) who are willing to commit to 7 weeks of training
- Spring LYSA players
- Youth involved in other spring sports - spring baseball/lacrosse, etc .
- Players committed and serious about getting better. It is not for kids who are going to show up and not try.
- Will benefit players interested in trying out for the Loveland Storm program.
Friday nights; 5:00 – 6:30 PM
- Tentative dates:March 18;April 8, 15, 22, 29;May 6, 13
- Phillips Park; Fields A & B
- 6 – 8 LYSA coaches with significant coaching experience
- Also a good “training ground” for coaches who are interested in coaching Loveland Storm select team.
- Professional trainer from Challenger
- 6-8 high school soccer varsity players (boys and girls)
- $50 – includes performance tee
- Additional fees if an end-of-season tournament team is formed